Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer

I have heard so many people wax poetic about summer. I'm going to be honest, it's not my favourite time of year. I really prefer spring and fall. I love spending time outside, and summer in Katy is not made for outdoor activities. We go swimming, and go to the park , and we take evening walks, and eat outside. Ok, that last sentence made summer in Katy sound magical. But all of those are early morning or evening activities. Daytime is brutal. We usually spend the hours from 11-5 hiding out inside doing crafts and trying to keep the house somewhat orderly (ok, Andy and I are the only ones trying to keep things orderly, Madeline loves a mess). But in a spirit of optimism and looking at things from a positive light, I am choosing to concentrate on the things I like about summer.

I love early morning visits to the playground.
PhotobucketPhotobucket



I love bubbles and pajamas.
Photobucket



I love swimming. I love the smell of sunscreen on my little ones.
Photobucket



I love bringing Owen outside so he can do the exact same thing he always does, except outside. And I love his new set of faces he's learned to make.
Photobucket



I love setting up the sprinkler toys and inflatable pool in the backyard and watching Madeline and Nelson go crazy.
Photobucket



I love flowers in full bloom.
Photobucket



I love sno cones, and red tongues.
Photobucket



I love that the time gets all jumbled up and an afternoon visiting with friends quickly turns into evening and night. Afternoon swims quickly lapse into dinner and popsicles.
Photobucket



I love evening walks as the sun starts to set.
Photobucket



And I love summer naps, and summer nights.
Photobucket